Here are 6 quick tips to help you make a really fun, motivating training diary this Summer… CLICK HERE to get your copy to fill in!
- Don’t try to fit in too much (remember sleep and relaxation are important parts of training)
- Planning out your whole schedule at the start (you can always make changes, but it is important to see the big picture)
- Start slowly, and build up
- Make sure your training is relevant (if you are a defender you’ll need lots of explosive power, your training will therefore be different to a mid-fielder needing great endurance)
- Find new ways to train that are fun… that could be a fartlek session as opposed to a run… it could be 10 minutes of chasing the dog with a frisby… or your brother with a water pistol!
- Celebrate Success… make sure you build in rewards to have if you complete your goals for that week (we use big bowls of ice cream to celebrate at SixBySix!!)